Hi! I’ve been recently tagged to answer this Q&A chain. The timing couldn’t be more perfect because I badly need a distraction. Questions are all made by Victoria.
BOOKS YOU COULD READ OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN WITHOUT FEELING SICK AND BORED:
- Sum – Forty Tales of the Afterlives by David Eagleman
- The Porcupine’s Kisses by Stephen Dobyns
- Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes by Edith Hamilton
*All books mentioned are anthologies.
TV SHOWS YOU CONSIDER ARE GUILTY PLEASURES:
- Food Wars: Shokugeki No Soma
Because my inner 12 year-old will never let go of anime
Excuse my masa sensibilities *coughs
- My Little Pony
My daughter is obsessed! If you cant beat ‘em, join ‘em
THINGS YOU CAN’T LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT
(as in things that you actually carry/put in your bag and not things you put on your face, hair, body):
- Oil blotting paper
- Iwata portable & rechargeable fan
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF:
- Lip shape (but not its chapped texture)
- Eyes (but not the eyesight)
- Armpit (but not the fat arms)
ADDICTIONS YOU CAN’T SEEM TO LET GO OF:
- BeautyMNL (their organic local selections are unreasonably good! mura + effective + frequent free shipping)
- Spicy food. Spicy blistering food.
ILLEGAL THINGS YOU’VE DONE IN YOUR LIFE
(or ones that you can publicly admit without getting jail time):
- When I was a kid, while my mom was preoccupied talking with her friend in this same friend’s shop, I was shoving stolen marbles inside my shirt. I held my stomach to prevent the marbles from falling off while pretending to be in terrible pain due to my made up “stomachache.” When we got home, my mom slapped me because she knew all along that I stole those marbles! (which I did) hahahuhu
- In the office pantry from two jobs ago, I raked through the fridge and gulped (and gulped. and gulped) a Hershey’s chocolate syrup that wasn’t mine. And I was caught by the owner. Squatter. Asshole moments. I was the talk of the town! Even I still haven’t forgiven myself.
- I used to ghost on people. Past tense.
CLICHE BUT, THREE WISHES YOU WOULD ASK FROM A GENIE IF YOU EVER MEET ONE:
- Happiness for me and my circle of people
- I’ll bet my two other remaining wishes to get the first wish
DREAM JOBS (if money is not an issue):
- Scriptwriter. When my sister took Filmmaking as a course, I started to fancy us being able to create something together. This is always at the back of my mind.
- Freelancer; the type that can juggle both print & visual arts and also get paid for just posting about how I live my life for real, being commissioned by brands I genuinely love without them dictating my content. — which is asking for too much
- Doctor – but then, eligibility is now the issue.
Lastly, COMPLIMENT YOURSELF (because we all need positivity sometimes):
- You may not be the best mom but you are certainly a decent one
- You are not reckless; you are natural
- Good taste, girl